Thursday 19 May 2011

It's too wet to play out – perfect jigsaw weather. Tomato growing experiment - 18 different varities

Not a big update this week, as I've not been feeling too good. The weather has been wet and miserable.

I planted the tomatoes (18 varieties) into the bottom greenhouse on Sunday. Chris planted some in the top greenhouse too. These are the varieties I planted:

My Dad's yellow tomato seeds (which he saved)
Sungold
Rosada
Red Pear
Alicante
Constoluto Fiorentino
Orange Berry
San Marzano
Ildi
Tigerella
Shirley
Sweet Million
Marmande
Moneymaker
DT Brown Trial Cherry
Chocolate Cherry
Ferline
Country Taste

I'll see how they all get on and choose my favourites for next year.

We gave them a handful of blood, fish and bone and a sprinkling of epsom salts when planting them. I also planted the first batch of sweetcorn into the bottom greenhouse.

I did a 1000 piece jigsaw with Chris, which may have set me off on a jigsaw addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment