Sunday 14 March 2010

My radio debut! BBC Radio Lancashire visited our allotments

BBC Radio Lancashire did a two hour live show from our allotments today!  It was loads of fun, and presenter Stephen Lowe interviewed me in my greenhouse.  Lynne from the allotments set up a gazebo (pictured) and made everyone sausage, bacon and egg sandwiches, tea, coffee, pea soup as well as baking three super delicious sponge cakes (I must get the recipe off her - she said it was one of Delia's).

You can listen to the show for a limited time on their website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p006sl5b/Stephen_Lowe_14_03_2010/  I haven't dared listen to it yet - I'm too scared to hear what I'll sound like!  But at least I was brave enough to go on, being the shy little thing that I am.

They're planning to come back and do another show in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment